During this intervention, your child will spend time with a trained Play Therapist from Your Space Therapies.
Play Therapy uses a variety of play and creative arts techniques to alleviate psychological and emotional conditions in children that may be causing behavioural problems and/or are preventing children from realising their potential.
The Therapist use a wide range of play and creative arts techniques, mostly responding to the child's wishes. They form a therapeutic relationship with your child.
· Reduction in anxiety
· Raised self-esteem
· Changes in behaviour
· Improved relations with family or friends
What can you do to help at home?
· You are very important in supporting your child through this process, come and talk to the therapists and meet with them as regularly as you can to discuss your child’s progress.
· Be consistent and encouraging
· Don’t insist that they tell you things.
· Resist the urge to ask your child what they did.
· During this process it is not uncommon for behaviour to appear to get worse before it gets better. Please speak to the Therapist if you are concerned.