How to make a Christingle:
- First, you put 4 cocktails in a square formation on the top of the orange.
- Next, you wrap the red ribbon round the middle of the orange.
- Make a hole in the top of the orange and get a candle wrapped in tin foil and put it in the hole.
- Decorate the cocktail sticks with fruit or sweets.
- Now light the candle and celebrate that Jesus is the light of the world.
The cocktail sticks represent the 4 corners of the world and the 4 seasons.
The fruit or sweets represent the living things of our world.
The ribbon represents Jesse’s blood.
The candle represents that Jesus is the light of our world.
Last but not least, the tinfoil is only there for safety.
Everybody enjoyed the Christingle service, we raised an amazing total of £128.40 for The Children’s Society
so a big thank you to everyone who donated their coins.
Reported by Emily and Charlie